DIY All Natural Mascara Recipe
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- 1 tsp. shea butter
- 1 ½ tsp. beeswax
- 4 tsp. aloe vera gel
- ½ tsp. activated charcoal
- 3-4 drops Vitamin E
- Put a 4 ounce measuring cup in a pan of simmering hot water.
- Place the first 4 ingredients in the measuring cup and heat until completely melted.
- Remove the measuring cup from the heat and add the activated charcoal.
- Stir well, then use a pipette to funnel your mascara into your container. I used an old mascara container, cleaning it out thoroughly first (including the wand). Empty mascara containers can also be purchased online.
- Let it harden, then use.
Note: This recipe made enough mascara to fill three tubes.
Good news: This mascara will thicken your lashes, and the beeswax helps prevent raccoon eyes. I was very pleased with the results. This recipe is a combination of 2 different recipes that I tried.
Shelf life: Because this mascara includes no preservatives, it will only last 3-4 months. Dispose of it when it starts to smell bad. As a rule, you should never keep any mascara past 6 months. There are too many opportunities for it to introduce germs into your eyes. Never a good thing.
Posted on Wed, June 4, 2014
by Druann Bauer filed under