Top 10 Ways to Look 5 Years Younger
From: Topinspired.com (With my 2 cents added in.)
Everyone is aware of the fact that the magical fountain of youth that will make you look younger is just a myth. That’s why every woman is trying to hide her middle-age symptoms, like lines or wrinkles.
In this case, makeup is definitely your best friend! We’ve gathered 10 professional makeup tips that will cut a minimum of 5 years off your actual age and will make you look gorgeous. Follow our list and you’ll feel (and look) younger.
1. Before you even think of applying makeup, slather on a moisturizer.
2. Use a light, rosy red or flesh colored lipstick (like my coral or bubblegum).
3. Choose a yellow-based concealer which is 2 shades lighter than your skin. I am currently working on a recipe for a yellow-based concealer. Stay tuned.
4. Use powdery eye shadows
5. Choose false lashes or a combination of lash curler and volume mascara.
6. Choose blush in warm pinks, apricots, or bronzes as they are the colors that will provide you with a younger look.
7. Use medium coverage foundation. You don’t want to look like you’re wearing cake makeup. Soft and natural is the effect you want. Medium coverage hides things like aging spots, without making your skin look unnaturally all the same tone.
8. Don’t use powdery foundation. I disagree with this one. An excellent mineral makeup, like Timeout4me’s, lets your face breath and it doesn’t emphasize lines.
9. It’s a big mistake to try to correct your brows by reshaping them. Just pluck stray hairs.
10. Wear Brown Eyeliner—not black. Pencil is softer than a harsh liquid line.
And don't forget to check out all of my products, many of which are designed for the not-so-20-anymore woman.
Posted on Mon, March 3, 2014
by Druann Bauer filed under