This is absolutely the best facial scrub I have ever used, and now I have the recipe. And it’s vegan!
What makes this scrub so great?
- First, it’s an emulsifying scrub—which means I’ve added a wax that keeps all the oils from separating. So when you scoop a small amount out of the jar, it clings together and doesn’t run through your fingers—thus, no waste.
- Second, it’s made with wonderful butters and oils like shea butter, sweet almond, jojoba, and avocado oils. These are all light oils that let your skin breathe. And when these oils are combined with an abrasive like sugar and additives like clays, they will remove dead skin and leave your skin feeling baby soft.
- Third, it’s not oily. Immediately after using this scrub your skin will feel soft, clean, and smooth. And you will keep this soft-skin feeling for days.
- Fourth, you can choose a scrub that includes your favorite additives and fragrances.
- Fifth, each jar is made fresh for you. The oil base is made in small batches and stays in the refrigerator. When an order is placed, I use a portion of this base and add your ingredients to it. Because a 1% preservative is in the base, your scrub will last 9 months to a year—although you’ll use it much sooner than that!
Your scrub choices are:
For Dry Skin:
Lemon Peel with Lemon Essential Oil
For Average Skin:
Calendula and Zeolite Clay with Tea Tree and Lavender Essential Oil blend
Lavender and Oatmeal with Lavender Essential Oil
For Oily Skin:
Oatmeal and Rose Clay with Amber and Sandalwood Essential Oil blend
Rose Clay with Victorian Rose fragrance
Zeolite and Charcoal with Peppermint and Eucalyptus Essential Oil blend
Ingredients: Sugar, Avocado Oil, Sweet Almond Oil, Jojoba Oil, Shea Butter, Emulsifying Wax, Stearic Acid, Candelilla Wax, preservative, and essential oils.
Each scrub comes in a 2 ounce plastic jar, safe for the shower. You will get 10-15 applications from each jar.
Customer Dawn said this about the scrub:
Felt great on my face. Smells great.
Here are the additives that will be in your facial scrub. Just use the pull-down menu to choose your scrub.
Calendula (dried marigold)—used to disinfect minor wounds and to treat infections of the skin. The antibacterial and immunostimulant properties of the plant make it extremely useful in treating slow-healing cuts and cuts in people who have compromised immune systems. The herb stimulates the production of collagen at wound sites and minimizes scarring and reduces pain. It’s also known for its ability to brighten skin and protect from blemishes.
Ground Grade 1 Lavender--great for the skin. Some of its skin benefits include that of being antiseptic and anti-fungal which helps to reduce scarring and speeds healing. This means you will have fewer acne breakouts and infections. Lavender also reduces skin redness and blotchiness of the complexion. Your skin looks more evenly colored.
Green Zeolite clay—My No. 1 clay for oily, acne skin. This clay draws out oils, adds abrasion, and customers swear it clears their acne.
Lemon Peel Powder—provides a wonderfully mild lemon scent, gentle exfoliation, and a yellow tint to the scrub.
Ground Oatmeal-- creates a barrier over the skin, making it a great additive for those with extra dry skin. It also helps to alleviate itchiness. Oatmeal is well known for its softening properties. Ground oatmeal in this mask will gently exfoliate and smooth your skin. If your skin is combination, prone to breakouts, clogs, dryness, flakes and/or redness, ground oatmeal is a great remedy. It will leave your skin soft and healthy.
Rose Clay--considered a mild Kaolin Clay that is commonly used to clean and purify the skin. It has mild exfoliating powers and like all clays, helps to detoxify the skin by drawing impurities from pores.
Activated charcoal-- combats pollutants that our skin comes into contact with on a daily basis, as well as draws out impurities that could potentially lead to premature signs of aging. It leaves your face feeling cool, soft, and clean.